• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

windows inop

rosgunt

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, let me start off by saying that I did go Through search and I did try a jumper wire between yellow and gray. I have a '93 and the pass and rear windows were inop. So i tried the jumper wire, no go. Started tracing wires under carpet and found 2 yellow wires corroded. 1 yellow wire goes to a 12 pin connector on left kick panel, 2nd yellow wire goes to 16 pin connector in left kick panel. After repairing both wires I now am able to use the pass. side front window from pass door switch, but both rears are still inop unless master is used. (switch is in all use mode, and i bypassed it also, with still no go). Looking at alldata wiring schematics shows the yellow from 12 pin going into yellow of 16 pin then to left rear door. however i can't seem to find where it would loop back through. looking at the 16 pin connector it looks like all those wires go into the dash and engine. any clues as to the problem i should be looking for. sorry so long and confusing.

thanks
dan

Back