• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF / Browns Camp Winter Run

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
Alright people, its official!

What: Portland / Vancouver Winter Run (everyones invited) (even you Matt)

Where: TSF Browns Camp.

When: November 25th and 26th (Saturday for sure, overnighter depending on weather)

Who: :NAXJA: members and users with a capable rig and/or driving skills. (Guests are welcome, but they are your responsability!)

I highly recommend front / rear tow points and a strap as i expect the trails will actually be somewhat challenging at this time of year due to weather and such.

We can use this thread for questions and details etc... we can work out the head count later as it gets closer.

Gear up, Get ready, and lets Get Muddy!

Last edited:
I'm in if i can come just a web site user right now but just lifted the xj now it is on 33 and a locker in the rear.thank you it will be rad :laugh3:

tinbender said:
I'm in if i can come just a web site user right now but just lifted the xj now it is on 33 and a locker in the rear.thank you it will be rad :laugh3:

Everyone is welcome to come. That way we can talk you into becoming a member ;)

i have been working on the jeep since the begining of the year for it to be ready by the time i got my drivers license and this trip is the first one after i get my license ( and have the jeep in one piece), is this something a noob could do or should i just wait it out for a more newb oriented event

if you have 31" and up tires and tow points and a lil bit of experience offroad, i would think u would be o.k. you could post up anytime and i'm sure get a few guys to head up and de-virginize you and your rig B4 November. there are also bypasses at almost every trail at browns camp so if things look a lil to scetchy to ya u can always go around.

Sound like fun. I Just have to check my schedule as it gets closer.
Im lifted 3" w/ 30's. Will I be fine? Havent went wheelin for a couple of years now. But got my first XJ and ready to roll.

Just an idea being thrown out there, if we get enough interest we could seperate into two groups, experienced fast paced and slightly modified slow pace?

Sorry I havent been able to make the M&G's been busy with classes and other junk, will try for the next.

TORX

WHOO HOO!!! i actually might be able to make that one, even if i haveta show up in my blazer and ride with someone (anyone up for taking on a passenger for the day?)

dunno if the Heap project will be ready in time or not.

Count me in, the only thing I am woried about is major body damage if its slippery up there my gues will be that there is some stuff I will not be comfortable on.

ladywolf said:
WHOO HOO!!! i actually might be able to make that one, even if i haveta show up in my blazer and ride with someone (anyone up for taking on a passenger for the day?)

dunno if the Heap project will be ready in time or not.

Im sure someone will have an open seat for ya. Hope to see ya there!

TORX said:
Just an idea being thrown out there, if we get enough interest we could seperate into two groups, experienced fast paced and slightly modified slow pace?

Sorry I havent been able to make the M&G's been busy with classes and other junk, will try for the next.

TORX

this will probably happen anyway, just based on the response so far. which brings me to question #2. we will need 2-3 trail leaders. who wants to volunteer? 12gauge has already stepped up to be one, so we need 1-2 more.

mojojojo said:
this will probably happen anyway, just based on the response so far. which brings me to question #2. we will need 2-3 trail leaders. who wants to volunteer? 12gauge has already stepped up to be one, so we need 1-2 more.
Depending on if my Jeep is ready in time I maybe able to take a group. If not, I can always ride along with Dvipercop. :)

I am in!! I have never been there before but drive by all the time on my way to sand lake. Can't wait to see what it's like! I would imagine that there is going to be lots of mud.

Well, misunderstood the boss and my new days off ain't going into effect until next weekend, so I'm gonna miss Tahuya this weekend. But I digress, the new tv is almost paid off so I can start saving back money to make the beast mall ready. (mud is over rated, 5" parking bumps is here the excitement is at.) Fender trimming and a new bumper are first on the list of mods (to repair body damage tht occured in n actu; mall parking lot). I should be able to make this one, but I'll keep ya posted on if the rig is ready or not.

I may be able to make it, we'll see.

My only suggestion is for the "leaders" to go a week ahead of time to scout out trails. At NWFest we spent a lot of wasted time driving around down there just trying to find trails that were open.

aussiewheeler, might I suggest you get the warn transfer case skid. It tucks up under the tcase and doesnt hang down and serve as a rock catcher/ road grader than the stock tcase skid does. It gives you several inches of clearance right there whilst protecting the tcase.

Back