• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camo paint job guys..

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
I want to know how you guys did yours? i am actually going to be doing my kids bedroom (one wall for now) and just dont want to make it look like a armed forces Cow.

I have picked out an olive drab look-a-like, aswell as a dark dirty brown, and black.

How did you do it? freehand? tape spots and number them for color code?

lookin for a good method, if the kids wall turns out, i might do a side of my garage wall...:rof:

do it to the jeep... im thinking i might to mine. all i need is brown and black

especially if you been smokin dem tweeds

Do the black first, then the dark brown, then green. Go light on the black and then come back after you've done the other colors and darken the black to make it look more defined.

the one time I painted camo it was on a paintball gun back when I did scenario stuff.

Anyways, I used masking tape. Start with the color you want the least of (most likely black) and paint the surface that color. Add some tape blobs. Then paint the wall the next color, and tape. Keep going until theres only one color left, the background (for me this was tan).

paintball gun vs. jeep.????? i think the jeep might be a little harder, and a tad bit bigger

Maybe try some cardboard templates you could trace on the wall with a pencil first. Make quite a few diferent shapes so it doesnt start looking to uniform though...

I did a small motor home (Nissan Lakeview) in camo. I just free handed it with rattle cans one color and than used another color letting each color sort of blend with soft lines as opposed to using a template or tape that would give sharp lines. My wife even liked it and most camo patterns I have seen she hates. I used my idea off my paintball gun camo theme as well and i tried to use a original woodland camo theme from the 80's. I was thinking of one day doing my jeep that way or my F-250.

I did a tigerstripe camp for my jeep. Basically. I took 3" masking tape tore off about 2 foot ripped it in half length wise making little variations as I go. Then taking the two halves and made stripes masked around those painted in side them. I used a flat black base with kakhi and od green stripes

Back