• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What shocks for RE 4.5" lift?

jbcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Hey there,

I'm ordering my RE 4.5" lift tonight with the full leaf packs from Bob Supplee. I just have one final decision to make: what shocks to get. As I am getting a bunch of RE stuff I plan to get their reccomended shocks but I can not figure out if i should get the 3.5-4.5 lift shock or the 4.5-5.5 lift shocks.

Does anyone know how these will affect proformace? Which one would you reccommend/why?

I will be getting the monotube by the way/

Thanks for any advice

Hey there,

I'm ordering my RE 4.5" lift tonight with the full leaf packs from Bob Supplee. I just have one final decision to make: what shocks to get. As I am getting a bunch of RE stuff I plan to get their reccomended shocks but I can not figure out if i should get the 3.5-4.5 lift shock or the 4.5-5.5 lift shocks.

Does anyone know how these will affect proformace? Which one would you reccommend/why?

I will be getting the monotube by the way/

Thanks for any advice

the best way to do this is to put the lift on and find something to articulate the jeep on take a measurement from mount to mount at full articulation then tuck the tire all the way and take a measurement from mount to mount take the measurements to your local 4x4 shop and buy your new shocks. you dont want your shocks to be to short

+1 on the Fox 2.0's. I think they are worth spending the extra money.

I bought mine with the stem style mounts up front, they were for a TJ. I got them at Kartek. Ask for Sylvester and he will find you something that fits your ride.

If its a trail rig then get the mono tubes, if you daily drive it, get the OME shocks for the 4.5" lift.. Or if you have a bigger budget grab some fox 2.0's..

I agree though, I have the OME's and they are great. Plus I got raised rear lower shock mounts and it gives me much more droop.

Back