• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need mud flaps advice for NJ inspection

Crewdude007

NAXJA Forum User
Well, it's that time again. Time to flog myself to death for NJ inspection. Has anybody installed mud flaps to get through this inspection? What kind did you get and how did you mount them? I've got a 6" lift and running 35s, so they need to be kind of big. Suggestions?

Couldn't you just make some out of some sheets plastic or rubber, maybe with something across the top to keep them in place, and to attach to the body? If you're just doing it to get through inspection I wouldn't put too much money or work into it.

Times like this are when it's wonderful to have friends/family members that are state inspectors...

Actually - Probably won't help.. Sounds like you know what you're in for.. I'm running 6+ lift with 35's as well. I used mid-weight roofing underlayment. It was rigid enough to hold shape, but lite enough not to require a supporting frame.

Well, it's that time again. Time to flog myself to death for NJ inspection. Has anybody installed mud flaps to get through this inspection? What kind did you get and how did you mount them? I've got a 6" lift and running 35s, so they need to be kind of big. Suggestions?
how's your wheel tuck under the flares? i tried going through modified tech once, and failed for brakes, but got to talk to pick the inspector's brain a bit on what is required etc. he wasn't going to fail me for flaps, but was going to "recommend" it. they want the wheels covered halfway down. flares should cover the wheels.

i was lucky enough to be within a half inch of the allowable lift limit in NJ without having a "modified" inspection (4.5" on 31's) and even that depends on which inspection station you go to.

Back