• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange Buzzing/Beeping Sound - HELP!

Boyjeepin

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I tried searching many forums and nobody seems to have this problem, hopefully someone will be able to help.

Recently when I get off work I turn the ignition to the on position to roll down the windows. When I do this I get the normal five beeps AND there are five other annoying buzzes that go off at the same time. Also, I just noticed that when I have the door open and the key in the ignition I get the beeping AND the buzzes as well. Anyone know what causes this? I would like to get rid of a few problems I've been having.

Below is a link to a video of what it is doing. Due to the pitch of the buzzing it is hard to hear them but if you turn the volume up you get hear it.

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u308/nicb0069/misc/?action=view&current=SDC15646.flv

Those beeps are there to let you know that you have the key in the "On" position without the car running. You should turn the key to "ACC" to roll up/down your windows. Turn the key in the opposite direction of On to get Acc.

I don't know of the buzzing sound you are talking about... Seat belts maybe?? Or the fuel pump... Either way, it's normal too.

E

Those beeps are there to let you know that you have the key in the "On" position without the car running. You should turn the key to "ACC" to roll up/down your windows. Turn the key in the opposite direction of On to get Acc.

I don't know of the buzzing sound you are talking about... Seat belts maybe?? Or the fuel pump... Either way, it's normal too.

E

Thanks for the response, but the buzzing is not normal. It is different than the beeps. You cant hear the buzzes that well in the video but they are at the same time as the beeps. Also, it doesn't do it every time.

If I recall right the buzzing means you have a key in the ignition with the driver's door open. A reminder to help prevent "locking your key in the car".

Is the buzzing sync'ed with the beeping? I don't hear anything in that vid aside from the beeping.

Alright people, I am not freaking stupid, the buzzing is not to remind me to take the key out of the car!

It is very hard to hear the buzzing b/c yes it is sync'ed with the beeping. I will try and take a better video. If I get one more stupid answer I'm really going to be upset with this forum.

Alright people, I am not freaking stupid, the buzzing is not to remind me to take the key out of the car!

It is very hard to hear the buzzing b/c yes it is sync'ed with the beeping. I will try and take a better video. If I get one more stupid answer I'm really going to be upset with this forum.

:roflmao::roflmao:

I'm assuming you're just venting.. because... people are just trying to help you figure out the problem..... if there is one.

E

oh... maybe it's the Flux-Capacitor letting you know that you haven't hit 88mph yet.. :spin1:

What does your battery cables look like? CLEAN or dirty? If you want to get under the dash you can unplug them one at a time to find which one is going out..Do you have a amp? Could be getting feed back from the windows..Just a couple of thing i can think of..Good and enjoy the feed back..

If your attitude was better I would tell you to locate the beeper, unplug it, and see if the buzzing is still there.

If you can't handle the ribbing, find another forum, otherwise help yourself to the free advice, just remember that you usually get what you pay for! :twak:

Well none of the above helped. I have figured out today that it only happens when it is very hot outside. I believe that it might be the overhead console registering a temp over 100 degrees. Everything runs well so I'm not worried about it.

If the buzzing is sync'ed with the beeping, and it only happens when it's hot... maybe unplug the module and see if there is still a mystery noise?

Nominated.

Yep, it could be either the muffler bearing or the turn signal level alarm. They sound alot alike when they act up. :conceited

Well none of the above helped. I have figured out today that it only happens when it is very hot outside. I believe that it might be the overhead console registering a temp over 100 degrees. Everything runs well so I'm not worried about it.

yes, its the oven timer letting you know your manifold burritos are done

Have you checked your muffler bearings? Mufflers get got.

Just so you know Chrysler acually has a listing for a muffler bearing. I don't remember what year or model,but it is there.

Of course they mean bearing as in bearing weight.

Chill out boyjeepin, nobody had even posted a stupid response until after you lost your cool. I would guess your beep speaker has a problem. You know how blown speakers buzz? I think that's what the person that asked if it was synced with the beeping was getting after. Maybe the higher temperatures make the speaker membrane softer and therefore more likely to distort and buzz. And I'm not trying to be a smartass here...

But seriously, relax. We wouldn't want you getting upset with the whole forum. :rattle:NAXJA

No no it sounds like the glass slowly cracking, you better run to the part store and grab a glass bended...just to be on the safe side.

Back