• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many of you...

I lowered mine with I added BPE's it olny lowered them about 1" olny because of the design of the BPE's

Keep in mind that raising the shock mount on the axle will shorten the amount of shock compression available, while at the same time limiting the extension. You need to remove shock and flex the jeep...measure the maximum compression (against the bump stop), and extension to figure the shock travel needed.

I used to think the shock bracket hanging down below the axle was a problem, but I can't remember ever hitting it on a rock since it's so close to the tire anyway. Was never really an issue in snow (it's a small area and doesn't cause much drag), and I don't do a lot of mud. Might not even be worth the hassle for a little more clearance under the axle?

I raised mine to reduce rock hits and the chance of getting hung on one. I'm at 6.5" (now, the pic shows it at 5") lift and I'm running the OME Nitro extended's No problems with compression or extension. I have adjustable bumpstops on the rear and the axle will droop out just fine, if anything I need limit straps.

16.jpg

I've raised mine and everyone else's Jeep I've done a swap on or wanted it done. No problems reported so far. I moved my rear upper shock mounts more inboard so I run a pretty long shock.

Back