• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quik towing Q

rokit5

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got 5.5 RE kit on mine, no sway bar on the rear.
Front yes.
Is there an affect in tow handling when the rear sway bar is removed?
Im just towing an open 4 bike moto trailer 2 axle.
Kinda like a U-Haul trailer the kind u see gardners use.

I'm up 5.5 in the rear w/o the rear swaybar, and while I love the flex for offroad, I do miss the stability of the rear sway bar.

I would slow down a little from normal driving until you get the feel of towing your trailer.

If you were stock I would say "no, you'll never miss the rear sway bar" but the higher you go the more a trailer will tug on you. Just slow down some and be ready for cross-winds, the trailer you are towing is low profile so that will help some.

Thanx for the replies. That would be cool if there was somekind of rear sway bar that could have disconnects, or someone that made them. Ive never had one on so i dont know what it looks like.
Similar to the ZJ swaybar? Or totally different?

Yah I know the I6, tran, and gears have more than enough power to tow something bigger, but keeping it from towing you off a cliff like a kite in the wind is a different story. lol!

Back