• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

POWER WINDOW PROBLEM

WHITE93

NAXJA Forum User
i have 3 xjs currently. a 93, 98, and 99. every jeep i have has a problem were the window switches on all 3 windows other than the drivers wont work. now the main switch can operate all the windows and ive checked all fuses and changed out all the switches on the car. has anyone delt with this before if so any help would be greatly appr.

My 99 is doing the same thing right now. I believe I read awhile back that it has to do with the window lock circuit. I think the easy fix was to just bypass the window lock by splicing a couple of wires. The only downside is it leaves you with no window lock. Do a search and you should find information on a quick and easy how to.

Have you switched out the driver's door switch panel? That's where the circuitry for the window lock is located. Ironically, my problem started shortly after I replaced my driver's switch panel with a junkyard panel.

Here's the link...

http://soxja.org/images/pics/Bypass/Bypass.html

Should work unless you need to keep your window lock. I sure wish my dog didn't always roll down the window when she rides with her head out the window and paws on the armrest...

Back