• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window ?

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
First of all, yes I searched. Over 300 posts and I couldn't find my answer. Maybe I didn't search the right ones.
Ok. Passenger window goes up and down, unless it goes down to far, then it won't come back up. I took both door panels off and I can't find anything different between the two. Is there a stop somewhere that I'm not seeing? This is not an electrical problem. If I push the switch the motor tries to push the window up but it just won't go. However if i grab it and pull up while the switch is engaged the window eventually will come up. TIA

Your window regulator is bad. Sounds like the spiral cable inside snapped off at the end. Once you go low enough, the cable no longer turns. When you pull it up, you grab back onto the good part and it engages.

Check out:
http://www.steigerperformance.com/products/sp12001.html

I don't think this is your problem, but if you look at the install instructions, you'll see some good pics.

see above, regulator is bad. I got two good ones at the junk yard for $45 came with good functioning motors. Now my truck has power windows

Back