• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 Timken bearing part number?

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
Does anyone know what the correct Timken roller bearing part number is for the bearing, and then for the race, that is used on the rear axle shaft of a D-35 rear axle.

Autozone and O'Reiley's tried to sell me a one piece, made in China assy., part #9, but mine is a two piece race (cup) and bearing.

I also need the correct part numbers for the inner and outer seals that seal that bearing.

Oh, and it is for 1989 XJ, Dana 35. Seems the 1990 and higher had some differences, like ABS, etc., so the bearings, shaft and seal changed in 1990 according to 4wd.com

Can't help you with the part numbers, but I know when I got new bearings for my 44 I thought they were the wrong ones. I was expecting a cup and a race as you are. The bearings I got appeared to be one piece cartridge bearings. Further investigation revealed they were actually both parts stuck together with grease. I'd still take the Timken's over the cheapies, but don't be surprised if the Timkens appear to be one piece as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

I got the numbers I needed, and the ones I did not need :laugh2: from 5-90.:wave1:

Thanks!

Back