• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locker/shaft trouble

mini=man

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 XJ with a 27 spline 8.25 but ordered a 29 spline Aussie locker along with my uncle's 99 XJ that has the 29 spline. So my question is if i go to the junk yard and pull two 8.25 shafts out that are 29 spline can I just slide everything in together? It looks as though I can, When I slide the 29 shaft in nothing fit weird and seemed fine. I just can't steal my uncles shafts from his truck.

You will have to have a carrier from a 29 spline axle as well. The 29 spline locker won't fit inside the 27 spline carrier. At least this is what I read when I was researching the swap.

Indeed, you either need to buy a 29 spline carrier or remove yours and have it machined (its less trouble to buy a new one).

I have a 94 XJ with a 27 spline 8.25 but ordered a 29 spline Aussie locker along with my uncle's 99 XJ that has the 29 spline. So my question is if i go to the junk yard and pull two 8.25 shafts out that are 29 spline can I just slide everything in together? It looks as though I can, When I slide the 29 shaft in nothing fit weird and seemed fine. I just can't steal my uncles shafts from his truck.

why not? if he wont let you just swap axles at nite while he sleeps:shhh:

Back