• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

half doors?

sittin_high

NAXJA Forum User
wanna get some doors from the junkyard so i can make half doors.i wanna make it so i can have a quick change type set up so i can swap full doors to half doors because they are going on my dd. so is there away to take the doors off with out unbolting them? and if anyone has pics they will help me to
thanks

Earlier year Jeeps have hinges that can be easily cut to make a 'lift-off' door.

dscn2883153.jpg

door4647.jpg

no, it will make your jeep fold like a taco...:twak:

the answers to your questions can be found by searching. try searching for phrases like: remove doors, half doors, cut hinge, etc.

Do a search, trust me..You need to do alot of reading before you go an cut your doors up..There is a post right now where he made half doors..Search is your best friend

search search... search some more...

visit projectxj.com it has one of the easiest write ups ive seen did it to my 88 and it takes about 10 minutes max to switch all 4 doors out

just a word of caution... if you do cut the hinges do yourself a favor and add in some kind of stop to keep the door from swinging open. i cut mine and it caught a gust of wind and i watched the door break off the hinges in the middle of the mountains.

just a word of caution... if you do cut the hinges do yourself a favor and add in some kind of stop to keep the door from swinging open. i cut mine and it caught a gust of wind and i watched the door break off the hinges in the middle of the mountains.

your only supposed to cut the hinge, not that piece, that metal arm (having brain fart on what its called) that sits between the two hinges above the wireing.:doh: mine is just a roll pin holding it to the door and it is easy to remove and reinstall

I cut like everyone else has to make the doors removable, and my doors don't swing open all the way, they work just like it did before.

your only supposed to cut the hinge, not that piece, that metal arm (having brain fart on what its called) that sits between the two hinges above the wireing.:doh: mine is just a roll pin holding it to the door and it is easy to remove and reinstall

yes i know what youre talking about. mine went missing some time ago though. the problem was there is a metal part built in the hinges that keeps the doors from opening too far. my door swung open, hit those and broke the hinges. the piece you are talking about only keeps the doors from shutting when they are open. a strap or something like the wranglers would be perfect

Back