• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyway to make a glasspack sound good?

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Well I am currently running a Thrush Welded muffler, And while it sounds good at start up, it sounds too much like a flowmaster and Im not really digging it anymore. I have a Glasspack sitting in my room that my GF bought a while back but never used it. I am currently running that thrush welded muffler with a nice chrome tip on the end and was wondering if there is a way to make the glasspack sound pretty decent? Buying another muffler is just not in the equation, because if I did, Id buy a hooker aero chamber and don't wanna fork out 70 bucks for one right now.

i run a cherry bomb glasspack about 22" long and it sounds great first few gears pretty loud after it goes into overdrive it is a deep steady rumble you can get them from JEGS for $25.

No seriously. I have heard some glasspacks with stock piping and it sounds terrible. But I had this muffler i currently have with stock tip and it sounded awful, but when i got that tip welded up, it sounded much better and alot different, so im wondering if it will make the glasspack sound better.

I ran a glasspack, it sounded pretty good with my pacesetter header, and hollow cat. I now have the thrush turbo muffler and am thinking of going back.

I just don't want it to sound like a tractor with that annoying idle sound. But my buddy has an 06 Rubi with a glasspack (Long arm'd, so he had to customize his exhaust) and it sounds pretty good.

I'm running the stock system with a Flowtech Afterburner because I needed a muffler which wouldn't rattle apart. It has a good note at idle and a bit above, and is quiet enough in OD that I don't notice it with no carpeting. Personally I think it's too loud, but then again, I really liked the OEM muffler :D

The Glasspack? In my experience, it will always hum like that in OD.

Well I am currently running a Thrush Welded muffler, And while it sounds good at start up, it sounds too much like a flowmaster and Im not really digging it anymore. I have a Glasspack sitting in my room that my GF bought a while back but never used it. I am currently running that thrush welded muffler with a nice chrome tip on the end and was wondering if there is a way to make the glasspack sound pretty decent? Buying another muffler is just not in the equation, because if I did, Id buy a hooker aero chamber and don't wanna fork out 70 bucks for one right now.

Get a dynomax muffler. Thats all you need they don't get stupid loud like a 40 series. Hell even a 50 series flowmaster will still sound good.

If you REALLY want it to sound good,, then swap the 4.0 for a V8 440 Hemi !!!!!!!!!!! Problem solved!

I prefer the Packard Merlin V12. The downside is that you need to move the steering column and pedals to the back seat.

300px-Packard_Merlin_V1650_7_2.jpg

If you REALLY want it to sound good,, then swap the 4.0 for a V8 440 Hemi !!!!!!!!!!! Problem solved!
You've been listening to the "liter" thing too long.
It's "426 Hemi", or a "440 six-pac" :laugh2:

Except now you can get a 526 Hemi crate motor.

Back