• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake line rubs on tires

akelts

NAXJA Forum User
I searched.....could not find anything close.

Since I installed my 4.5" lift and put 31's on my tires rub on the braided steel extended brake lines that came with the RE kit. I have tried holding them back with carb springs but they are still rubbing.

I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and what they have done to solve it?

I was thinking of zip tying some heater hose around the part that rubs to protect the lines. Is this a good idea or will the tires grab it and rip the lines out? :dunno:

when i got back from afghanistan the second time, me n some buddies installed a RE 4.5" super flex lift, along with 33's. It came with some extended brake lines both front and rear. When i took it in to get gears done i had them look it over, and they fixed the brakes for me for free. They told me it was in the bracket wrong and were installed the wrong way...leave it up to my friends to mess it up haha, but with ur situation i would look into that first, to see if its in there right. If it is, try re-installing or twisting the lines so the bend of the line goes somewhere else other then into ur tire when u turn or flex out. Thats all i can think of, if all else fails try finding some flexy springs or bungee cord to hold it out of the way. And as for the tires grabbing and ripping the line/heater hose off...I guess it would b possible for that to happen, so Im thinking its just best to fix it so they're out of the way...hope i was at least a lil bit helpful.

I ran mine around the shock body then to the calipers

Mine were rubbing on the shocks and waring the paint off. I was able to twist them at the connection point to make them route the opposite direction. I was able to get them to bend the way I wanted them to so they wouldnt't hit the frame or shock. Give that a shot. Zip tieing would work fine as long as the tie wouldnt impede the movement of the line during articulation.

Back