• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper design

cobrasatellite

NAXJA Forum User
so i found a stock xj that looks alot lot i did stock to try bumper designs on what you think? I plan on using 1/4 inch steel for the main build. C chaped canal boxed on the sides and atteched to stock mounting point for bumper also im going to make the old bumper sides attach with center cut out. Main point are the recovery points. small stinger style hoop on front .

bump2.jpg

so i found a stock xj that looks alot lot i did stock to try bumper designs on what you think?
Um, what?

I kinda dig the idea. If you're doing it for recovery points, you'd better use more then the stock bumper mounting locations.

Um, what?

I kinda dig the idea. If you're doing it for recovery points, you'd better use more then the stock bumper mounting locations.

Its a pic of a xj that looks like min did stock. (white with gold trim)
So how much reinforcment would i need to do? A few extra 1/2 inch G8 bolts be enough?

Back