• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 5.5" leaf?

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a RE 5.5" kit from my old jeep and wanna put it on my new one but all im missing is the leafs. So im about to just get replacement leafs from RE but wanted to know if there was anything better. The RE leafs felt great on the road (It is a DD) but didnt have much flex when wheeling hard. what else is out there the RE leafs are 180ish a peice and im on a budget but will spend a little more.

National, Deaver, BOR. All considered higher quality, but the word 'budget' rarely fits here. I run the Nationals and will never have to worry about them again, which is worth the price to me.

Instead of getting a 5.5" leaf why don't you get a combo of things to give you the same amount of lift, but with better flex and ride quality? ex: 4.5"+shackles or 3.5"+shackles+relocation brackets

I know your on a budget, but this would be optimal.

National, Deaver, DPG Offroad, BOR

I agree with everyone else but I will say the RE 5.5"s flex great for me. I can get close to 12" travel out of them.

Are you running boomerangs?

I run TnT u-bolt eliminators, 3.5" RE Leafs, Longer shackles, and shackle relocation brackets, for a total of about 6".

X2 except I'm ordering a set of alcans to replace my old beat up bastard pack.
With this combo you get great adjustability, a nice ride, and great flex from running a spring without alot of arch.

the RE kit comes with a 1.25" shackle but what would i get out of having more of my lift come from a shackle or relo bracket??

Back