• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Sye seal flange.

ricot83

NAXJA Member #1297
I want to know if I can put the seal flange from the RE hack n tap kit to seal my tcase, in an effort to remove the tail cone from it. Is this possible?

I have read like 10 different installs and I am really confused about how the hell this thing works. I am under the impression that This flange and seal are a tailcone eliminator of sorts and that it can work, but I read an old install from back in like 2000 and someone said that the cv flange actually goes inside the seal.

Please chime in with your thoughts. I want to install this flange and seal while i am searching for a front DS and before I do the entire SYE kit. Thank you

that doesn't give me an answer unfortunately. I had already read that one

still not talking about the kit i am talking about.
i am talking about the pre 96 kit

called RE and the answer is it will leak unless u put the whole kit on. the cv flange needs to be butted up against the bearing seal.

Last edited:
a hack-n-tap seal will only work with a fixed yoke or flange. I think your talking about removing the tailhousing that the slip yoke slides into and puting a shorter tailhousing while still keeping your slipyoke?
on the H&T sye's they mount the seal flange right after the rear main output bearing of the t-case. that last little housing with three bolts that the slip yoke slides into is just that, the slip yoke housing. So if I think what your asking is can one use the seal from the H&T and still use a slip yoke... the answer is no.

yes what i was asking was if I could use the three bolt flange from RE with the seal in it, to seal the tcase output shaft after looking at pictures and talking to the guys at RE I understand this can not be done, because the cv flange that connects to the driveshaft, needs to be right up against the seal. or if one were to use a fixed yoke that would also be cut to fiy right up against the seal.

Back