• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn Signal Troubles

uvaldetxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, my 87 XJ started messing up about a week ago.

What i've checked:
Wiring
Fuses
Flashers

What works:
headlights-both hi and lo
hazards

What doesn't:
wipers
turn signals

I'm either narrowing it down to a bad switch or a bad ground somewhere. The left green arrow stays steadily lit when I try and signal left or turn on the parking lights. I've checked for power in the harness with a test light and I can't seem to find a wire that "flashes" with the signal light on. I was looking at my wires behind the fuse block and they look fine. Is there something else that I need to check? My wipers don't work period, for awhile they were only working in the fastest position, now they don't work at all. I'm either narrowing this down to the circuit breaker located on the fuse block or what I believe is an intermittent switch velcro'd onto the lower dash panel.

Could it be the stalk that's bad? it kind of makes sense, since both my turn signals and my wipers aren't working. They're both controlled by the same stalk.

Back