• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj d30 low pinion to high pinion swap question

xjclassic2000

NAXJA Forum User
My 2000 xj has a low pinion d30 and has up country springs. my question is do I need to lift it more to swap in a high pinion axle? I was looking, and with the later style exhaust, there doesnt look like there is a lot of clearance for the diff housing and i was wondering if thats why they put in the low pinion.

THANKS!

Nope, you should be fine. No exhaust mods needed.

should be fine. but why you going to go through the hassle of swapping in a lp. nothing wrong with your lp. unless you are planning on lifting it sky high and worried about front driveshaft bindings/vibrations.

i run a lp30 in my trial rig(came out of a tj) i run 4.56s lockrite and beat the piss out of it and it holds up just fine.

Well, my differential is shot, so I figured I may as well just swap in a good used cheap axle instead. Im expecting the high pinion is easier to find, so I thought I may as well upgrade while Im at it

okay... in that case go for it. but yes should be a straight bolt in swap!

i was the opposite. i swapped to a lp30 out of a tj cause it already had gears and the locker in it and got an awesome deal on it.

I swapped in a HP30 on my 2001 when I did gears and lockers, have had no clearance issues in the last year.

i swaped a hp 30 with 4.10's from an 86 xj put new ball joints in and used the knuckls breaks, unit bearings and axle shafts from my lp that was in my 2000 xj got about 6k miles on it so far and have no complaints

Will the my stock driveshaft work after I swap a HP in my 2000 XJ?
I know it's an old thread, but proves I read before posting....
Thanks for the help.

Driveshafts are the same!

Back