• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

locker question

rehberg79

NAXJA Forum User
I've been wanting to get an assie type locker for the front of my heep. I'm going to be pulling the axle apart to replace the seals, I thoght what a perfect time for a locker. Now I plan on going 4.56 in the future and I know I will need a new carrier. If I put a locker in now will I be able to run it with the new carrier? Or should i wait?

Mat

It depends on what style locker you get.

An ARB for example, is a carrier replacement.

A lunchbox locker (aussie, Loc-Right...) just replaces the spider and side gears, and will work with either size open carrier.

why go through the hassle twice? Wait and do both at the same time.

Because he is going to have the shafts and everything pulled apart already, one a few more things to install the locker.

I would say yes, install the locker now, and then just transfer it over when you do the regear.

i'm with mark. it's only a few extra steps and the aussie will transfer from the old carrier (3.73 and down) to the new one (4.10 and up)

Ok, Im shopping for an assie or powertrax. Where would you shop for one?

Mat

Look through our venders here on site. They support our group and give us price breaks and we support them by buying their stuff! Personally, I dunno, bought my junk before I joined.

Aussie Locker from Northridge 4x4 best price including shipping.

Back