• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door panel swap?

AKswampheep

NAXJA Forum User
OK well everyone knows me as the nosebleed high lift guy.. well ive decided to bring it down in the rear a tad and run about 7-8".. i have a nice new set of axles 9" & HP44 waiting for fab work.. ok anyways.. Im starting on a completely new platform.. from a 90 fully loaded to a 95 semi optioned..

I was wanting to know if the door panels will swap from a 97+ style into my 95, i want the nice looking door panels just for looks.. (rice) and if so how easy is wiring the old window switches to work with the new switches? Also the door linkages to the locks and handles.. are they positioned differently or need any modification? Thanks all

Last edited:
AKswampheep said:
OK well everyone knows me as the nosebleed high lift guy.. well ive decided to bring it down in the rear a tad and run about 7-8".. i have a nice new set of axles 9" & HP44 waiting for fab work.. ok anyways.. Im starting on a completely new platform.. from a 90 fully loaded to a 95 semi optioned..

I was wanting to know if the door panels will swap from a 97+ style into my 95, i want the nice looking door panels just for looks.. (rice) and if so how easy is wiring the old window switches to work with the new switches? Also the door linkages to the locks and handles.. are they positioned differently or need any modification? Thanks all

Make it wasy on yourself and swap over the whole door.

97+ cherokees around here are very rare in junkyards.. ive been to all of them i know which is about 8 or so and ive only found 1 :( and its fawkededed

The 97+ door panels are worse than the older ones in my opinion. I have a 98's front doors on my 90. The armrest doesn't bolt to the door anymore, its just plastic riveted to the panel itself. In my case that is a problem because the material is pulling off the armrest and it looks like hell but there is no real easy way to recover it. I'm actually trying to do the backwards swap of what you're doing. The differences I've noticed so far...
1. The christmas tree pattern is different(drill new holes)
2. The place where the interior door handle(lock button) is in a different location as well.
3. In my case however, the window crank holes are in the same spot I believe. You have power though so no matter on that.
Honestly that's all I can think of that you would run into. The drilling for the X-Mas trees isn't that bad I'm just not sure how you would rig up the right rods from the latch to the interior handle and lock. If you end up doing it and it's feasible(sp?) let me know though.
Thanks,
Collin

Back