• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody painted these rims before??

Has anybody painted these rims before? any color. I just want to get an idea of what they will look like before I do it.

FrontSide.jpg

Today my bro was talking about powder coating those rims black(his xj has a fresh gray metallic paint job, so would look good with dark rims). I've seen them on here before and thought they looked ok in black.

I like my black soft 8's. They look good, are strong, and cheap. I also have absolutely no chrome on my truck, its all black and that burgandy/brown color.

Its better than running my stock aluminum turbines with a 33x11 tire on them. I've bent the soft 8's on the bead lip, but steel bends back. aluminum just cracks.

I want to do mine a nice gunmetal gray or some such color. I have those wheels, except mine have a row of what looks like fake beadlocks going around them. Same wheel, just the extra ring of studs running right next to the dish portion of the wheel

I don't like chrome at all and I think Xj's look better with black rims, but idk how these would look black. I can't afford to buy any other rims, so i'm trying to make these look somewhat to my liking.

Honestly you should probably wait until you can afford the whole wheel, not just the rims.

Agreed. Cheap, like a saturn without hubcaps.
I would much rather drive a saturn without hubcaps and have money to buy food then drive a nice car with expensive RIMS and loose my house to the repo man.

Honestly you should probably wait until you can afford the whole wheel, not just the rims.

Ha! Somebody else who finds it irritating as well! :D

I am not sure what it is like where you are from.. but most people around here refer to the wheel and rim interchangeably, and unless they can be separated by design there is no reason to refer to them independently.

I would much rather drive a saturn without hubcaps and have money to buy food then drive a nice car with expensive RIMS and loose my house to the repo man.

Agreed.

I am not sure what it is like where you are from.. but most people around here refer to the wheel and rim interchangeably, and unless they can be separated by design there is no reason to refer to them independently.

No offensive, but around here the only people who refer to "rims" are either uneducated, or are of an undesirable lower class(read: not poor, but trashy and without taste/class).

There are wheels with rims. These are separate parts of the wheel. Further on one piece wheels someone might say "I like wheels with a polished rim."

Which when rim = wheel can also read like this:

"I like wheels with polished wheels"

Which has a very different meaning. Just because it is common does not mean it equates to "good" engrish. With just .5 seconds of extra thought the message can be communicated clearly and concisely.

Though maybe I am too much of a stickler and don't like trying decipher the hidden cryptic message in someone's written communiqué.

No offensive, but around here the only people who refer to "rims" are either uneducated, or are of an undesirable lower class(read: not poor, but trashy and without taste/class).

There are wheels with rims. These are separate parts of the wheel. Further on one piece wheels someone might say "I like wheels with a polished rim."

Which when rim = wheel can also read like this:

"I like wheels with polished wheels"

Which has a very different meaning. Just because it is common does not mean it equates to "good" engrish. With just .5 seconds of extra thought the message can be communicated clearly and concisely.

Though maybe I am too much of a stickler and don't like trying decipher the hidden cryptic message in someone's written communiqué.

I don't have the energy for this.

I understand your point, but judging someones intellect based on use of grammar is a dangerous place to be...

I don't have the energy for this.

I understand your point, but judging someones intellect based on use of grammar is a dangerous place to be...

Sorry, I don't mean to make it out into some kind of big badass E-debate. It's just part of my continuing vendetta against poor articulation that causes me headache.

I shall smite thy inarticulate masses.

Back