• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E bay bumper

1.) I don't like the fact that it is removable from the mounts. That could mean trouble.

2.) I don't like that he mentions it uses 1/8" steel. That's too thin for me on any part of a bumper.

3.) His pictures show everything you really don't need to see, and hide everything that is absolutely necessary.

I could me making gross assumptions here, but I would at very least email him for a lot more detailed pictures.

There's a couple of guys running the Logan's bumper- search "Logan", and PM them- I bet they could tell you what you need to know.

IronScorpion's bumper is sweet. He lives down the street and I have seen them.

Just "folded" up an Ironscorpian winch bumper Tuesday for someone,not bad at all.Alot of gaps to fill but not a problem,He's happy!

i have that bumper and i really like it. it seems really solid and looks good with my bushwacker fender flares. the only thing is i wish i would have got it powder coated

The removable extensions wouldn't seem to be a problem, there's a few out there that use unibody tie in plates to bolt to the bumper for reinforcement.,

God dammit you guys need to search! There's a billion bumper threads here to choose from! :gag:

I'm running the logans bumper, it can be seen here:

Carlisle035.jpg

I've used the winch many times since this pic and the bumper has held up great. At one time I used it to "help" 9 other jeeps up a steep hill and it never budged, even while one dumbass decided to NOT use his skinny pedal while I winched him. Pretty much had his dead weight pulling my jeep into a tree while I pulled his ass up. I've since upgraded to a synthetic winch line because my wire was shot because of well, being used.

So all in all I'm very impressed with the bumper. It mounts in a bunch of places (better than some) and incorporates the steering box bolts. I can't remember the exact # of bolts used but there were a lot. (I want to say twenty something) and the fitment was perfect.

I researched a ton and it came down to this and Rigidco but I couldn't pass up the fact that Logans is local to me so I went for the cheaper route. Also while researching I SEARCHED and found a lot of people with it and they all said it was a great investment.

So, to sum up my long intoxicated reply, yes the bumper is worth every penny.

Back