• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nitro 4.88 for the 8.25 thread...

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
It's been a while since these have came out, yet I havn't seen anyone commenting or asking about them. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, so I figured I'd start a thread.

I noticed on pirate4x4 a vendor had claimed that they we're "some of the best gears" they've seen. However, some vendors will claim everything that they sell is the "best," so I don't know how much the statement is really worth.

Does anyone have any high quality pics of the gears? I'm curious how the teeth count and size compares to the 4.56 ratios.

For those that have them installed, how do you like them? How's the noise? Any install issues?

Thanks for any info. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious. :thumbup:
Bryson

These are excellent quality gears and have not had any problems. The write up on pirate is correct, these are great.

It's been a while since these have came out, yet I havn't seen anyone commenting or asking about them. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, so I figured I'd start a thread.

I noticed on pirate4x4 a vendor had claimed that they we're "some of the best gears" they've seen. However, some vendors will claim everything that they sell is the "best," so I don't know how much the statement is really worth.

Does anyone have any high quality pics of the gears? I'm curious how the teeth count and size compares to the 4.56 ratios.

For those that have them installed, how do you like them? How's the noise? Any install issues?

Thanks for any info. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious. :thumbup:
Bryson

4.88 ring in a 8.25 has to be one deep dish pie! I was shocked at how thick the ring was for 4.56.

I have seen one set of 4.88 8.25 gears (an early production set sent to a friend in Czech). They seemed pretty quality, he uses them on a competition rig and has had no problems.

FWIW, I arranged for a friend to order a Nitro Gear dana 30 set, and had a chance to check the gears out this last weekend. They seemed pretty quality to me.

Yeah... with my 4.56s and running 35inchers now, I'm wanting to install the 4.88s. I saw the banner and have been thinking about it since. But if I'm gonna go with 4.88s in my 8.25, I'm gonna upgrade to a D44 in the front first.

These are excellent quality gears and have not had any problems. The write up on pirate is correct, these are great.

Thanks! I was hoping you would chime in. Could you possibly take some pics of the gears? I'd still like to compare them to the 4.56s in size and teeth count.

BUMP for any more input. :wantyou:

Here is an actual photo of the C8.25-488-NG ring & pinion:
http://www.justdifferentials.com/in...D=2684&zenid=546b4e02acb73cf952a79456255c0869
d0e7927a2c23dda7f5b6bee26e3a079c.image.533x550.jpg

Thanks! I was hoping you would chime in. Could you possibly take some pics of the gears? I'd still like to compare them to the 4.56s in size and teeth count.

BUMP for any more input. :wantyou:

In practice, as many 4.56 gears for the 30 break as 4.88 gears.

There doesn't seem to be any practical difference in strength, just theoretical.

In practice, as many 4.56 gears for the 30 break as 4.88 gears.

There doesn't seem to be any practical difference in strength, just theoretical.

Although I would argue that the 4.56 gears are more common due to the previous rear axle limitations. However, I agree that the small 0.32 ratio difference = a weaker setup is probubly more theory than realized.

Back