• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio and Security System 1994 Jeep Cherokee

MRebel86

NAXJA Forum User
I need help with my jeep Cherokee i just bought. I was installing a new radio and it seemed to have messed up everything. I have a factory alarm system. i put cd player in and hooked battery back up and got a clicking noise from glove box (no key in) i found it to be a relay. I replaced relay and it still does it, clicking and a low chime, along with no middle dash lights, radio doesnt work, no heat. when i turn jeep on, sound goes away, but still the above doesn't work. I put old radio back in, still have the same as above and security light comes on in dash. Please help! What have i don??? I just wanted to replace radio!!!

Dont hate me for asking a dumb question, but have you checked the fuses in your fuse box? Possibly you crossed a wire when you had the radio out. Dont just check the radio fuse, check other fuses too, such as ignition fuses. Some times the Radio fuse is the last to blow.

Back