• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Shock Mounts

balrog429

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
OK, I need to replace the shock mounts on a Dana 44 I'm building. I did a search first and found a few threads that show different setups. What I need is the correct place to mount the new JKS mounts part # PN OGS922. Or, even if this is the right part I need. This is my first axle build and I want to get it right. I've read a lot on moving the shock mounts around but want to know the right place to put them. The XJ will be a DD and trail rig. I know this was probably covered somewhere but I just can't find it. Thanks in advance.
!!!1

Need alot more info,like how much lift?Whats the dimension of the shocks your trying to use?Have you got it bump stopped properly,if so what are your extended/collaped numbers?

Right now it's stock height, but the 44 will be under it when there is a DPG/RE hybrid 5.5 extreme duty lift with the old man emu long travel shocks they recommend. The bump stops will also be DPG adjustable rear bumpstop plates and daystar 1" extended poly bumpstops. I don't know the extended/collaped numbers.

Right now it's stock height, but the 44 will be under it when there is a DPG/RE hybrid 5.5 extreme duty lift with the old man emu long travel shocks they recommend. The bump stops will also be DPG adjustable rear bumpstop plates and daystar 1" extended poly bumpstops. I don't know the extended/collaped numbers.
Then you should wait till you get the lift in,if you do anything now,you will be re-doing it later!

once the 44 is in (or even mocked up) note where the shock is and where it crosses the axle tube at the level of the new shock mounts. mark location. and go from there. remember to take into account the location of the u bolts.

Back