• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beard Seat Mounting

Ryan93

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a pair of used Beard seats just wondering if I can mount them in the stock seat mounts instead of buying the aftermarket ones. Or if anyone has any advice on how I should go about mounting these. Thanks!

What year is it,Ive got a set of Corbeau Baja SS's in my 95 dr.

Most JeepSpeed seats are hard mounted to tubes that tie into the rollcage.

Most JeepSpeed seats are hard mounted to tubes that tie into the rollcage.
yeah thats what I thought but I dont have a cage yet, just trying to plan things out. Anyways story on the seats because I feel like I need to tell someone about this score I got. I bought the two of them for $40 at a junkyard in San Clemente I dont think the guy knew how much they were worth... oh well his loss there kinda dirty thats all and have a few minor rips in them thats it... not bad for $40 for the pair of them.

I made adapters from angle iron the uses the stock floor mount so you can adjust the seats front to back. I'll get pics later.

awesome that would be great if you could show some pics. im thinking of doing something like that.

well I got them mounted in yesterday, even got them on the sliders, there comfortable but im not used to how far back they lean its no big deal but its just different.

well I got them mounted in yesterday, even got them on the sliders, there comfortable but im not used to how far back they lean its no big deal but its just different.

Ryan.. do you have any additional details on how you mounted these? Or pics? I'm in the same boat and working to get some new seats in my '96 XJ.

Thanks.

hey, so when I bought the seats some guy already made some brackets for whatever car he had them in previously and all I did was drill in holes on it to line up for the XJ mounts. Ill try and get the seat out for some pictures but im going out of town in a couple days not sure if I will have enough time before then but ill try. Maby ill make up a crappy ms paint of it or something hah

The Beard mounts are junk,I wouldn't use them. I adapted my OEM driver's side mount, and spent a lot of time modifying a Beard passenger side, should have just modified the OEM mount there as well.

Back