• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle yoke

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
can I take off the yoke on the rear axle w/o messing w/ the gears?

i sheared the bolts on the sade clips, and need to drill them out, but can't do it under the jeep. If I remove the nut will I mess anything up, the big nut that is that hols the yoke to the axle

You can take the yoke off after removing the nut. Not sure if it matters, but usually you mark both parts in any drivshaft line disassembly, so you can get them back together the same way. You need to put back on at 210 ft/lbs of torque. FSM shows using a puller and reinstalling tool. And concave washer has to go back on the same way.

Last edited:
I did it on a Suburban many years ago, but hopefully someone will verify on a D35. With the pullers they suggest and the torque, there could be a bearing issue, but I would do it anyway. Have you looked at what they do for the slip yokes. It looks a lot more extreme than this.

Back