• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is 3 1/2 inch of uptravel enough ?

bobfortier

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all

Just wondering here. I have an XJ that I plan to modify a bit for trail riding. I'll put TJ Rubi flare up front (cutting the fender) and TJ flare in the back (cut and fold). I just measured the distance from the center of the hub and the crease on the front fender (where I want to aligh the rubi flare) and there is a 23 1/2 inch distance (stock tires and no lift)

I layed the 33 I plan to put on it on the floor, and I put the center of the tire 23 1/2 from a wall, on which I layed the rubi flare, and I have about 3 1/2 inch between top of tire and flare.

Now the question, do you think that with proper bumpstop and no lift I could live with 3 1/2 inch of up-travel ? I plan on putting sway bar disconnect, to help articulate on the trail....

thats all good if you plan on just some straight line stuff and minimal flexing.

If you flex that tire will compress further than the distance between your bumptop and the coil bucket.

you should at least lift it like 2-3 inches just use pucks up front and shackles in the rear if money is a problem you will get alot more flex that way

Back