• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broke Front rear leaf bolt in frame. HELP ASAP

XJ93Lifted

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys so heres the deal, I was changing out my rear leaf yesterday to install my 4.5in rc lift and i got to the last bolt on my drivers side front rear leaf spring bolt and the bolt broke off with the threads in the frame. So now i have no way to bolt a new bolt in the frame because the broken bolt just spins and the welds on the frame nut are broken. Anybody know of anything i can do. I have heard of going throught the floor but idk. Help please.

Just did this today. Click on this link from an old thread.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83631&highlight=leaf+spring+bolt+broke

HTH

Joe

Post #6 in that thread was what I did to my last XJ. It broke on one side, so I cut it open like that and tack-welded the corners of the 'hole' so they wouldn't crack. Held for 6 years like that until the Jeep was destroyed in an accident. For preemptive purposes, I cut the other side the same way, though that nut never broke loose.

I went throught the bottom of the frame. Cut a notch in the bottom and pull the flap back. Reach in with your wrench and then when you are done fold the flap back in place and weld it back together.

Back