• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering for dd

jeppo

NAXJA Forum User
so i was talking to a sales man recently and he was saying i should use a drop pittman arm for steering correction. i am putting a 2" BB on my dd so i can put some wider offset rims on. i see very few people reccomending them on here. would a adj. trackbar make this problem lessen? i am getting a alignment anyways too. could i please get some input into why or why not . thanks

I've been running 2" w/ 30s on stock steering & wheels for over a year. I have yet to see the need for ANY new steering / trac bar parts. When I go to 3" & 31s I'll do the track bar but still will probably be fine with totally stock steering.
Salesmen like to sell.

at 2", you should be fine with your stock parts. If your axle is off-center after the lift, you can drill a new hole for your stock trackbar to take care of it.

x2

Dude...what is it with all the drop pitman arm questions over the past day or so!?!?

On an XJ...you do not need to worry about your pitman arm until you go over AT LEAST 6 inches of lift!

And your track bar will only be off center by about 1/4" or so. As far as I know, nobody even makes a track bar that can work with under 3" of lift. You'll be fine man.
Oh, and don't pay for an alignment, do some research on here and you'll see a very quick and easy way to adjust the toe-in/out on your own without paying a shop $70 or more to do it. All you need is a friend and a tape measure.

so i was talking to a sales man recently and he was saying i should use a drop pittman arm for steering correction. i am putting a 2" BB on my dd so i can put some wider offset rims on. i see very few people reccomending them on here. would a adj. trackbar make this problem lessen? i am getting a alignment anyways too. could i please get some input into why or why not . thanks
I didnt bother at three inches, trac bar or pitman. at approx 5 i have both pitman and adj. trac

Back