• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this a stock shackle?

viperbluelx

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to figure out why my pinion points up 9* with no leaf spring shims or anything and then I looked up at the shackles and realized that could be aftermarket? They measure 4 1/4" from the middle of the upper bolt hole to the middle of the lower bolt hole.

000_0206.jpg

no there is no way thats a stock shackle. do you see how it has a bend in it like a boomerang? and the sides of it are made out of flat stock. it does appear to be a shackle that doesnt lift ie. stock height. but in no way is that stock.

This is a stock cherokee shackle:

stockxjshackle.jpg

That's not stock. End of discussion.

(as far as measurements, gimme a bit to dig them up).

Cant find the dimensions, but I know where a set are sitting at home. I'll measure stock ones tonight.

Viper i am in a similar situation. did a 3" lift with a 1.5" lift boomerang, pinion is up from stock height. T/C is still level. have vibes and clunking i didn't have prior to lifting.going out tomorrow and buying some flat stock to make a 1/2" T/C drop and according to my bad calculations lol. should fix it.you say your pinion id 2-3 deg above driveshaft, pull your 1" drop and try a 1/2" T/C drop, cheap and easy to make and may fix yours also. 1" T/C drops are the norm. jeepwires article on pinion shows you what angles should be with and without a T/c drop. doesn't mention it should be a 1", 1/2", just the angles needed to make it work.

maybe a stock chevy 1/2 ton...maybe?

EDIT. Dial up didnt show pics before i posted lol, aftermarket for sure, if there 1.5 longer then stock give or take see who makes a 3/4 inch lift boomerang shackle..

Back