• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wort it or not

BigDog

NAXJA Forum User
So would daul pipes be worth anything besides for looks on a 4.0 would they help proform at all?

Well then thats out the window. Trying to decide what all to do to get the power up a little bit here. Still tossing the idea of cool air intake around but not to sure there either.

The best power you can get would be to stay in school and pass a reading/writing class!

I'm so sorry for not having perfect spelling skills such as you WOW makes you much better person then me. What because I hit the A before the U in dual, you must have never had a typo being a perfect person and all. Is that the best thing you have to do when someone is just trying to get some info, sit behind a keyboard and talk crap to feel bigger and better.
Anyways if you have anything helpful to say then speak if not then be a good dog lay down and shut up.

99+intake swap. Also you'd be surprised on what a good tune up can do for your XJ.
Yeah my rig gets tune ups at least twice a year and oil changes more then she needs. I'll have to look in to the swap though.

whoa there BigDog

Why-So-Serious-ML.jpg

Regearing in favor of lower ratio gears (numerically higher) will do wonders for performance, do not go too low due to the loss of highway drive-ability (is that even a word?).

we're not making fun of you BECAUSE of the spelling, we're making fun because your asking questions about NOOB mods, while making typo's.
its obvious your the type to post threads before they read threads.
keep reading up, theres tons of info around waiting for you.

dual pipes are useless, as are 90% of intakes...
this isnt pimp my ride, those kind of +bolt on's wont get you far

lol love the pic. I have been thinking about changing the gears in it but have a few things I'm wanting to do before I do that. I'm not real good at gear numbers and all that so what would be a good gearing to go with.
Sorry if I got a little pissy on that whole thing I just didn't see the point in anyone posting just to try to insult someone instead of helping. No biggy just seemed pointless.

we're not making fun of you BECAUSE of the spelling, we're making fun because your asking questions about NOOB mods, while making typo's.
its obvious your the type to post threads before they read threads.
keep reading up, theres tons of info around waiting for you.

dual pipes are useless, as are 90% of intakes...
this isnt pimp my ride, those kind of +bolt on's wont get you far
That is well understood I know this isn't pimp my ride but have to forgive me I'm pretty new to the 4x4 world love it and all but I'm use to stereo sytems not to good with this 4x4 stuff yet but I will be. Just looking for ways to get more power out of the rig but wasn't sure if going for horse power is the way to go about it with this. Maybe should just be happy with what it has.

If you were to do exhaust, I have read that a 2.5 CatBack Exhaust System is your best bet.
A 3 inch exhaust doesn't give it any more HP than a 2.5. You can get one for as little as $150.00.

You can get a stainless performance exhaust header from Iparts for as little as $125.00 or so.

I have done both of these with a cone air filter and there is a big difference in power.

I think the 99+ Intake Manifold is a better bet though. It's supposed to increase HP to up 25 horses. I'm doing that swap Saturday.

"I just didn't see the point in anyone posting just to try to insult someone instead of helping"

Insulting and harmless fun is very hard to figure out over teh intranets, armor up on some thicker skin and become best friends with the search function :cheers:

enough of that, back to the topic at hand!

It has been explained hundreds of times throughout the modified tech board. My only advice would be to not spend the time and money regearing a dana35, depending on your application you may be just fine with the 8.25 or dana44.

I plan to run 4.88s with a 33inch diameter tire, but if i was to have a mildly modified/mostly stock workhorse or a daily duty XJ I would prefer 4.10s with a 30inch diameter tire. I rarely drive faster than 55-60mph in my XJ so the deeper gears would really help with the wretched neighborhood roads of NJ. Driving fast in an XJ is overrated anyways, i have a nimble rwd compact car for that :spin1:

to reiterate; search, it's all been covered numerous times by numerous people :rtm:

:smootch:There we have made up now.
I was thinking about going to the 8.25 that was one of the things I wanted to get done before doing to many other things.
I'm not trying to get off the line power so to speak (like yourself I have a car for that lol) looking for climbing power. This is my offroad rig. I'm only going to be running 33" so guess I won't need to much power. I will go back to the reading and searching til my eyes start to hurt again.

sounds like you do want more "off the line power", atleast in my experience most of my climbing power comes at slightly off idle (1000-1500rpm). To me, high end power is my last priority (unless you want a higher and more constant wheel speed). The low end grunt that deep gears offer will awaken that Heep.

PM if you have a question :thumbup:

As far as popular opinion is concerned, switching to an 8.25 only to run 33's on a trail rig, is pretty much pointless. Save your money for a d44 and your options will be nearly unlimited.

Study this stuff hard, it might save your life...or mine.

WOW!!!!
I didn't realize people are so sensitive.
Sorry if you got all butt hurt over a little fun, it was just too funny.
If you need something to laugh at, I'll tell you something personal.
I didn't grow any hair till I was three, then I went completely bald before the age of 18..... My social life sucked for a long time.
If you don't grow a thick skin, you'll get eaten by the dogs. :D

Just get a high flow muffler with a mandrel bent tailpipe and call it a day.
I've tried every combo there is and I like 4.88's w/ 33's and went back to a 2 1/4 tailpipe.
An 8.25, 8.8 or a d44 would be a good choice, it all depends on whatever you get the best deal on.

rag said:
Insulting and harmless fun is very hard to figure out over teh intranets, armor up on some thicker skin and become best friends with the search function :cheers:

Well said.

Stroker, Cam, Nitrous, Turbo.........Hemi?

Back