• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail leaders

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Who is familiar with the trail system @ Morris Mountain?

If you are interested in leading rides please let me know.

I have yet to make the trip to Morris Mountain so I'm not ready to lead anything yet.

havent been there yet but i hope to before the crawl.

I've got to work out some time when we can get together and do some riding there. We have 3 months but it will go quick.

How far are you from Morris Mountain?

i am 2 hrs away. check on an open weekend in june or something that way the trails would be the same. as they are always changing.

just lemme know ahead of time and i will check my schedule. i would be happy to meet some folks down there to pre run some trails.

I live within 20 mins of Morris Mountain, its EXTREMELY difficult to get lost due to its not that big, but awesome riding. If you can stay a week, you might want to check out Choccolocco Mountain ORV area which is approximately 30 to 45 mins away. They have over 100 miles worth of trails that rivals Tellico and Grey Rock.....Choccolocco does. Morris Mountain is not quite as big with no where near the miles of trails. But still a top notch facility run by VERY great people. make sure you wear you safety belts, they take safety serious and I don't blame them. You have the left side and the right side.....one lined. Have difficulty level obstacles for mild vehicles to WILD vehicles. Morris Mountains is a great place.....however I have choccolocco mtn orv area like 10 mins away from me. So I sit in the middle of Morris Mountain, Choccolocco Mtn and Mountainsid ORV park all within 30 mins of me, man its great to have an XJ!

Last edited:
XJ4linked,

We are wanting to put together some preruns at Morris Mountain and would like to work it out for you to ride with us since you already seem to know the trail system. Would you be interested?

Absolutely! Just let me know the days and I'll meet you guys there. My XJ is down, but I'll drive my daily driver....Tacoma on 33's locked in the rear or if someone would be kind enough to let me ride with them, I'd much appreciate that as well. I can get to all of the places to show you guys all of the trails, most have a by pass trail around it to the top. I will gladly show you guys the trails.

Last edited:
Absolutely! Just let me know the days and I'll meet you guys there. My XJ is down, but I'll drive my daily driver....Tacoma on 33's locked in the rear or if someone would be kind enough to let me ride with them, I'd much appreciate that as well. I can get to all of the places to show you guys all of the trails, most have a by pass trail around it to the top. I will gladly show you guys the trails.

:thumbup:

Are you guys still planning on a pre-run? I haven't been here yet, but looking at their website and trail info leads me to believe it has more difficult-extreme trails than mild-difficult.

Are you guys still planning on a pre-run? I haven't been here yet, but looking at their website and trail info leads me to believe it has more difficult-extreme trails than mild-difficult.

Yea I was just looking at that myself and was now wondering if it was going to be more of a camping/spectator trip for me. 3" - 31s - no winch = looks like I will get really good on one trail lol, 2 if you add the senic drive dirt road.

Yea I was just looking at that myself and was now wondering if it was going to be more of a camping/spectator trip for me. 3" - 31s - no winch = looks like I will get really good on one trail lol, 2 if you add the senic drive dirt road.

Nah. You just need some protection underneath. You can always drag yourself over rocks!

dude go... i know plenty of stuff you can do... plus you dont wanna miss the carnage...

I'd say while their website seems to showcase a lot of level 4-5 trails, they do have quite a few level 1-3 trails also.

Trust me, it will be a lot of fun. Besides, I'm on 32" tires with no lockers. You'd be amazed at what an XJ can do. I know I am.

Oh I'm not worried about it. I was just making an observation since this is the location for the crawl in July.

Oh I'm not worried about it. I was just making an observation since this is the location for the crawl in July.

I do see where you would get the idea since their website seems to showcase the tough stuff. I'd say there is even more easy stuff than shown. Most parks probably don't mention the easy stuff since everyone is looking for the hardcore wheeling nowadays.

Yeah, most of the featured trails looked difficult for smaller, less equipped rigs.

Bring a pile of skid plates. You might clean up!

Haha...maybe everyone who looks at those pics might realize they need to buy one before it's too late...:banghead:

:laugh:

Thats me, tryin to scape up some money for skids, fire ext., bump stops, extended brake lines, and a new front windshield. Went out the other day and the tires rub on all fours, so it is time to get the cuttin wheel out or put the budget boost on.

Back