• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

asap please help

pipes94xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys...I was just going to help my buddy put on his sliders when I made a sharp left, uphill turn. The engine cut out and just died. Will not start. If i turn the key..no gauges move. Radio and windows fine. I had the old problem of having to turn the key to on/ac and back to off a couple times for the fuel pump to prime. Fuel pump finally bite it?? Its stranded on road...any thoughts to get it started so I can drive it to mechanic?

Maybe the fuel pump relay. I had the same problem with an old blazer I used to have. Would cut out when I made a hard right. Check to see if you're getting voltage at the pump before swapping it, if not, hunt down that relay.

Does it crank and not start? If so, you need to determine if it is gas or spark. Get an extra spark plug, pull a spark plug wire and test by holding plug bottom to the head and checking for bright blur spark.

I hvae heard that sometimes the CPS sensor can come loose and cause something like this. Try unplugging it and plugging it back in and see what happens.

Back