• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Trac Bar Question?

PapaGeno21

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have the RE Trac Bar with the small heim joint on the end. I believe its the 1660. It came with my 4.5" SF kit.

Anyways I just bought the HD mount for it, but I was thinking and it seems that the 1660 heim joint since i had to drill out my stock trac bar mount to 5/8, and it uses these misalignment things, that the actual heim joints hole is very large.

The hole for this bracket I got is only for a 1/2" bolt.

Will the heim joint and misalignment things fit inside this bracket if I drill it to 5/8?

What have you guys done? I cant find the seperate super flex joint thats on the HD trac bar for sale seperatley, so...

The heim may actually be bigger than 5/8...

I had to drill a 5/8 hole in the trac bar mount to get the bolt through it. The bolt also passes through 2 misalignment things that sit inside the heim joint, meaning the heim has an even bigger hole in it..

The heim alone without the high misalignment spacers is 3/4" IIRC.

I have the HD TB bracket, the hole is 5/8", and ive used the RE high misalignment spacers with my custom TB and it fits perfect in the bracket.

Id measure the width of the TB bracket and the heim with the spacers on there, and see how much meat is left on the bracket to drill out.

Took some measurements... The heim joint misalignment things will fit inside there pretty much perfectly, with around 1MM on each side of it give or take.

All I have to do is drill the hole to 5/8 on the HD mount and im good to go. It will be bolt in from there!

2 mm of play will make for clunks

bend the bracket in if ya can

2MM of play will get smooshed with that 5/8's bolt lol

There aint no side to side play, it would be the heim moving on the bolt fornt to back so it wont be a death wobble play, so im not worried about it.

Worst case scenario, I get a washer that will take up that slack. I dont even think its a full 2MM..

Back