• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clearance issue

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
So i am lifting my heep about 4" and i ran into a snag. On the front axle where the lower control arms bolt up it is maxing out on the spring plate right above it. So im wondering if i install aftermarket lowers will it give me any more clearance?

thanks'
-PJ-

aftermarket LCAs have a bend in them to avoid that issue.

your gonna need a set up that gives you proper control arm length for the amount of lift your runnning. wheather it be with drop brackets or not. i prefer the drop brackets but you might not need them for 4" of lift maybe just longer LCAs. yuccaman has a chart for control arm lengths on his site.

u can also trim the brackets the clear the control arms

Will this weaken the structural integrity Of any components and is it a good idea? I very well my do this if it is a reasonable safe thing to do...I try to stay away from Ghetto rigging stuff and don't wanna drive a death trap:wierd:

-PJ-

dude go get upper/lower control arms from rough country or any reputable company thats cheap, RC comes to mind because of NAXJA free shipping.

and get a RE hd trackbar & trackbar mount while your at it, it's a necessity that high lifted.

Will this weaken the structural integrity Of any components and is it a good idea? I very well my do this if it is a reasonable safe thing to do...I try to stay away from Ghetto rigging stuff and don't wanna drive a death trap:wierd:

-PJ-

if i were to trim the brackets, id weld in some 1/8" or 3/16" to box in the openings. yes, u probably should look into aftermarket control arms, but with a little bit of metal, a welder and some creactivity it could work. jsut some ideas im throwin out there

u should get longer control arms or drop brackets. when you install a lift and keep the same length control arms it pulls the axle back.

dude go get upper/lower control arms from rough country or any reputable company thats cheap, RC comes to mind because of NAXJA free shipping.

and get a RE hd trackbar & trackbar mount while your at it, it's a necessity that high lifted.

I agree with getting from RC for cheap and support but he's not going to get free shipping.

Back