• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crap 3 out of 4 Bent

macs97XJ

NAXJA Member #1247
I did my norm, rotate and balance of my tires yesterday, and 3 out of 4 of my wheels are bent:gonnablow(inside 2, outside 1). So much for the nice paint job, huh...:laugh: These are the steelies, not the soft 8's (red/blue stripe).

Anyone know where to buy local for cheap without paying shipping that have them IN STOCK? On the Island we have limited shops and they usually like there products a little TOO MUCH $$

This time I will leave them BLACK for those who did not like my RED wheels....:confused1

tks

mac

Those steel wheels with the red and blue stripe are cheap and bend easily. I have owned the all black steel rockcrawler wheels "never bent them" , the les schwab steel wheels with the red/blue stripe "they were all bent in a short amount of time and wobbled like crazy", and America's tire steel wheels with the red stripe only, "currently running these and they are holding up great.

When I say bent I am not talking about the edges of the wheel being bent from hitting them on rocks, I am talking about the whole wheel being tweaked.
The ones with the red/blue stripe were made out of thinner steel than the rest.

I have the steelies, and one I placed on the rear looks like it is warped around the middle of the wheel area, the other 2 are bent around the outer lip area. They balanced out, but they have more lead on them than some Toys in China have.

Mac

I have the steelies, and one I placed on the rear looks like it is warped around the middle of the wheel area, the other 2 are bent around the outer lip area. They balanced out, but they have more lead on them than some Toys in China have.

Mac

The "lips" can be bent back with some brute force and re-inforced like Opie stated above.

The center section if warped would be significantly more difficult to correct and much more difficult to keep corrected. Make sure if you get another set of steel wheels that the center section is a thicker material than what you have currently.

Michael

Back