• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Im buying a jeep

95meangreen

NAXJA Forum User
Ok this jeep is definitly a fixer upper it needs a new serpintine belt cuz that went bad and a alternator and maybe ac unit is what he said. Also he said there is a strong mildew odor and has been sitting for a few years.

Its a 94 auto 4.0L sport with 156k and im getting it for under 400 plus i guess the drive 15 hours geez but this is a present for my girlfriend for Christmas because her parents back out on giving her a car when they realized she was leaving the house soon with me :D.

So is that hard to do? i mean i know somewhat of what im doing and have good common sense so i think ill be ok and also one more thing im pulling out my carpet on my 93 xj will it fit her 94 xj? i would think it would anyone know?

Let me know if you guys think thats going to kill me or be not worth it and ill just part it out when i get it. Any help would be great!Wallet R.I.P:skull2:

I think by the time you account for the travel time (15 hrs total, or one way?) and parts (A.C. problems can be expensive to fix) i doubt you'll wind up saving any money. I don't think it's realistic to expect a ~$400 beater to hack it for a 15 hr drive. If it were me, i'd look for another rig that's closer. My $ .02 .

I agree, You can find deals like that in your own backyard. Keep an eye out for ones just sitting in someone's driveway for days or backyard. I know of 6 or 7 right now that are in similar shape and with in 10 min, that are worth the same amount. Keep your eyes open and you'll find one.

Back