• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A bit of bad luck in the xj "Help"

naughty_auty

NAXJA Forum User
Well my xj got hit in the last snow storm. It flattend the front bumper bucked the drivers fender till is was just touching the wheel,and crunched up the header pannel a bit. i took the jack lever from under the seat and pulled it out and drove it home. while it sat, the drivers door latch decided it would no longer lock. It was starting to not lock properly earlier but now just flops open. It didn't look to bad door and hood were ok everything lined up so i started to take it apart.

Well the radiator is cracked due to the accident, also the bumper mount point on the frame is smashed flat, and on the drivers side the inner fender and core support are pushed back a little "should be easy to pull forward" and needs a door latch.

All this is descuraging fustrating really but the kicker is after I took the broken parts off and put it back out side while i went to get parts, it wont run now :doh:

It starts right up will idle or even hold a rev at 3k for about 40 to 60 seconds then die will start back up then die again in 40 to 60 seconds. Its like its running out of gas. i touched nothing in the engine bay so what happend?

Also second question is with all that is wrong shoud i maybe just move on to another xj and use this for parts i just feel like the gremlins have got a stong hold on this xj now.

its an 89 four door 4.0, auto, open diff in the rear "sucks" paint is faded or peeling interior is good stock radio died due to sitting i guess tires are junk but have legal tread.

Thanks I really love these rigs and used this one as a daily would like to have my daily driver back

Thanks
Alex

I moved the thread to the tech forum for you. You'll get more useful help here.

Back