• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA Mount bushing replacement?

same rental tool used for ball joints will make it go 10,000 times easier. Freezing them will help in installation, but getting the old ones out is best done with the ball joint press. I've been known to hammer them out, burn the rubber out, and air chisel them out, but now that I own a ball joint press, I'll never fight with them that way again (unless I'm away from the tools)

same rental tool used for ball joints will make it go 10,000 times easier. Freezing them will help in installation, but getting the old ones out is best done with the ball joint press. I've been known to hammer them out, burn the rubber out, and air chisel them out, but now that I own a ball joint press, I'll never fight with them that way again (unless I'm away from the tools)

I've got this job lined up for the end of the week. I rented a ball joint press... Do they really fit up on top of the axle to do the job? Just seems too crowded to fit a big tool like that. Guess I'll know in a couple days!

It's very crowded, you have to be a little creative. I know I ended up with the part of the press in the coil spring on one side, you just have to think about it. But I would say rent the press, it'll cost you less than $10 and it will make your life so much easier. My pumpkin side bushing was a bitch to get out, I had to basically destroy the metal sleeve before it would come out.

rent the press

Back