• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone elses RE track bar move around too much?

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
at the frame where the track bar mount is, it seems the flex joint is moving around a lot the actual bolt holding it moves left and right when the xjs steering is turned left/right. this creates a pretty noticable 'thud' or mellow 'pop' and i feel it everytime i turn my jeep while driving, anybody else run across this problem?

Is this the 1600 bar?Are you using the factory frame side bracket?

X2

I think you're talking about the 1610 with the SF joint and the RE track bar bracket (not the stock bracket). You're saying the bolt that holds the SF joint inside the bracket is moving?
Most cases the SF joint needs rebuilt or replaced. I had what you're talking about with the clunk and I rebuilt the SF joint. You have to purchase the tool and new races from RE.

yes i do have the new HD mount and the HD track bar. the bolt holding the SF joint seems to move back and forth as if its big enough diameter or something..ill be pulling it off today in a few hours after i get some pot so ill let u guys know

yes i do have the new HD mount and the HD track bar. the bolt holding the SF joint seems to move back and forth as if its big enough diameter or something..ill be pulling it off today in a few hours after i get some pot so ill let u guys know

You need to quick smoking pot and grow some muscles lol, get it tight enough and it won't move around.

lol it is tight enough man i dont think thats the problem because the bolt moves back and forth a good 1/16th of an inch. and buds make everything better :)

Are you using the right size bolt?

I had the RE heavy duty track bar and mount. I could watch the bar flex with little steering effort. I made my own track bar with better material. I used the small RE at the frame end. I have to tighten that joint more often than I would like.

Here's what you do to fix your problem....The original bolt hole has halloweed (lol) JK out alittle. So, take another slab of steel, weld it over the original bolt hole and drill a fresh hole for the new bolt to go through....

Problemo fixed...

Back