• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

why don't need a steering stabilizer??

MONSTERxbla

NAXJA Forum User
so I am finally driving my xj after way too long in the garage. what started out as just a lift turned into...well you guys know. I am "fine tuning" things now and seem to have my steering about as good as I'm gonna get it with what I have. I have a about 7" of lift(clayton) with the JCR otk setup. toe is .02* left and 00* right. caster is 6.8* left and 6.5* right. and it drives pretty freakin' good!!! it tracks straight and I have just a little bit of bump steer. my question is will a steering stabilizer make it even better? I would like to "tighten up" the feel of the steering. I'.m not talking wobble or vibes, but the vaugness it has.

A steering stabilizer won't help anything besides road vibes. The vagueness you have is because of the extreme angles you have your, I assume, stock steering.

I have a about 7" of lift(clayton) with the JCR otk setup.

A steering stabilizer won't help anything besides road vibes. The vagueness you have is because of the extreme angles you have your, I assume, stock steering.

He has JCR OTK.

Do you have the poly spacers in between the knuckle and the TREs?

yeah I have the poly spacers but the road vibes are what I'm trying to get rid of. like I said I am really happy with the steering but am wondering if it could be even better!

just a side question to the poster. the OTK came with the poly spacers right? i ordered mine a few days ago and was under the impression that they came with.

when i bought mine i had to order the spacer. but imo its not what you need anyway. i threw mine out in less than a week and cut one out of a high density plastic cutting board from wal-mart($1). works much better i think.

when i bought mine i had to order the spacer. but imo its not what you need anyway. i threw mine out in less than a week and cut one out of a high density plastic cutting board from wal-mart($1). works much better i think.
what thickness 1/4"?

Agreed, i have some of that cutting board too, makes it work much better

Back