• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proportioning valve

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing a dual diaphragm brake booster on my mj. I am also doing away with the rear proportioning valve. Should i use the zj 60/40, or the xj which I believe is 70/30. Keep in mind that I have those huge dana 60 brakes out back.

Is that just for the back? or is that for the front? There is only one output. I think that I am going with the xj valve. The zj valve is for rear discs, I was told that discs take less power then drums do. If that is true then I absolutely want the one for drums. Worst case scenario I might be able to use a f250 valve, seeings that my axles are off one.

Discs take more power to operate. Drums displace more fluid each time they are pushed. Since you are dealing with a non-stock brake situation, you should plan on a proportioning valve. Even if your whole system is from an F250, the weight and balance of the XJ is different, and will need different tuning. The brakes on the Ford trucks I had always seemed way out of balance anyway.

Make sure it is BELOW (as in lower)the outlets for the master cylinder.

Back