• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I Buy It??

Nova Wake

NAXJA Forum User
I have found an XJ not far from me for sale, its a 2000 with a new tranny and engine outta a different rig with 106,000 miles on it. It also has a 5.5in skyjacker lift with 33" BFG ATs. And cold air intake, sway bar quick disconnects, a flowmaster catback, and 3.73 richmond gears.(are those gears any good for 33"s?). And i have talked him down to 3,200.00 Should i go for it? heres a pic.
jp3py6.jpg

That seems like a pretty good price.. Check everything on the underside out really good.

I have found an XJ not far from me for sale, its a 2000 with a new tranny and engine outta a different rig with 106,000 miles on it. It also has a 5.5in skyjacker lift with 33" BFG ATs. And cold air intake, sway bar quick disconnects, a flowmaster catback, and 3.73 richmond gears.(are those gears any good for 33"s?). And i have talked him down to 3,200.00 Should i go for it? heres a pic.

Not a bad price. 3.73's will make it feel somewhat sluggish. 4.10's or better yet 4.56 will help with that. My 4.56's allow me to cruise on the highway around 2500-2800rpm, and power feels much better with my 285/75's (33's) than my stock 3.55's did. This is a subject that has been beaten to death on every jeep forum I have visited, if you search around a bit, you'll find differing opinions.

Enjoy,

My 2000, stone stock, 103k miles was a good deal at $3K except now i discovered that the 0331 p/n head is cracked as these 99-01's are prone to do. Make sure to look at the bottom of the oil filler cap to see if it is milky looking. If it is, the head is cracked. "Somehow" when I bought mine, the cap wouldn't come loose until I reefed on it after I bought it. But back then I wouldn't have known it anyway. I got a 98 head for $50, but now I have to put it on before I fry my bearings in antifreeze.

i know the guy who did that work on it!

go for it!

seems like a really good deal. the only thing I see is that it has 33's on the stock 15x7 wheels. If they are 12.5" wide tires, you'll definitely be rubbing like crazy if not going in a straight line. If they are 10.5's you'll prob. still rub a tiny bit.

I'd plan on investing in some new wheels with better backspacing (3.5" - 4" of BS).

Other than that, it looks pretty sweet.

It sounds like a nice rig and price. But there is always work to be done.

Well i got it yeah it has a few little problems but nothing major, has one small dent on the right fender, the passenger side window doesnt work, and the heater only blows on 4 not 3 2 or 1. The check engine light is on, as is in my 1998 to and most other jeeps i see. I think that has to do with not having original engine. It does rub a little but not to bad, i do plan on getting some black wheels, recommend me some.

There is no rust that i can find on this thing at all, and for an new England car that's great, i drove it all day and the only problem i really had was a little vibrating so i think im gonna have to invest in a sye kit. Gas mileage dosnt see to much worse than my 95 though. so ill wait on gears.
I'll get some pics when i clean it up a little.

Back