• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Click Click In front end

scuba413

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I have a 98 with a 3" rusty's kit. This truck has about 96,000 on it. Well I have noticed the last few days when I turn the wheel sometimes I can hear a clicking in the front end may be on the drives side I do not know. Thie only thing I have changed recently is new 31 mudders and I have wheeled it twice in the last few months harder then I ever have. Any ideas about this sound.

Check your half shaft u-joints. They can cause a clicking noise.

X2 Check your whole front end. Have someone sit in the driver's seat and turn the wheel back and forth and see if you can find the click. I just replaced a TRE and it fixed my click so just do a once over on the whole front end.

X2 Check your whole front end. Have someone sit in the driver's seat and turn the wheel back and forth and see if you can find the click. I just replaced a TRE and it fixed my click so just do a once over on the whole front end.

x3 great way to find stuff.

Also, is the click only when turning? Only while driving or also while stopped?

It does not click everytime I turn just sometimes. I will have t0 get under there and check sometime do you think it will hurt anything to keep driving.

Back