• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whos Coming?

For those of us who are new to the state, can you give some info on this event? Is it just for chopped up buddy-wannabe cherokees, or are there trail runs for mildly built rigs? Family oriented, or just partiers? I'd love to meet some XJ folks, but can't afford to kill my daily driver (and the CJ will hopefully be sold by then).
Thanks!

Jeff will release something, he usually comes up with the tentative schedule.

The best part about where we hold our event is that it caters to wheelers from the completely stock, to the retarded modified. There are definitely some "partiers" in the group, but families are welcomed and encouraged to come. We want you family to be able to enjoy the sport that takes most of your time and money! There are a few people who bring their family out every year.

Just a basic run down of the event. We hold it in Buena Vista. The campground we use is great. The hosts are very accommodating, they have excellent facilities. it is just south of BV in Nathrop. We wheel all week, with usually a couple trail choices a day to suit everyones' needs. Friday night we have a nice catered dinner and hold a raffle for some great prizes. A lot of times there will be a down day for people to fix rigs, or families to head into town for some fun. Its a pretty good time.

I am thinking of driving up for this. I have alwasy wanted to go wheeling in CO, and depending on the finances I may come up on sunday and wheel for 3 days. I would stay longer but I work a commision based job with no vacation so I cant miss to much work

I'm planning on it. The wife has made some noises like she misses camping, so it might be the whole crew.

If I can make my own fantasies come true, I'll have to get an individual space for my offroad camping trailer, but that is a long shot.

Fred

I'm thinkin i might be able to make it if i have my lift installed by then with 33's and SYE hopefully ill be there this sounds like an awesome event...

For those of us who are new to the state, can you give some info on this event? Is it just for chopped up buddy-wannabe cherokees, or are there trail runs for mildly built rigs? Family oriented, or just partiers? I'd love to meet some XJ folks, but can't afford to kill my daily driver (and the CJ will hopefully be sold by then).
Thanks!

Oops. I meant buggy-wannabe Cherokees. Unfortunately, I don't have a link to edit my post.

I have no idea how my Cherokee will do since I haven't had a chance to wheel it since I bought it in late October. I imagine the 3.55 gears will suck.

im new to this site and i only have a 2" budget boost with 31s and im not looking to break something so can u give me some more details about this?

95% illbe there...at least for part of it...
an itinerary, fees, and what not would be great...thanks

I'll be there. Most likely with the "retarded modified" Truggy....... but there's a possibility I may not break from tradition and be there in a different rig - Perhaps the Comanche Project....... :dunno: :D

Back