• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can i remove my EVAP canister and cap vacum line on 95 4.0 XJ??

95cherjustin

NAXJA Forum User
Well the cap broke off the top of the canister and they dont make new ones. Can i just remove the canister and cap the vacumm lines and the fuel emission black silicone lines 2??

It is a 95 jeep cherokee 4.0 auto. No a rock crawler drive it every day, will it effect the gas mileage or running of it>?

Why not pickup one at a salvage yard?

You start plugging off things and something else will act up.

Sorry didnt know it was an english class

I just asked is it needed?

Will there be problems that arise if removed?

Im sure someone on here doesnt have one installed anymore, thats it thats all my question was.

thanks and does anyone have a good answer i really appreciate it.

Rock Auto shows one for ~$27: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

This is an emissions item. You do not need it to operate your vehicle but you may need one to pass emissions inspection. All it does is collect vapors from the fuel tank and other fuel related components such as carburetors and burn them as opposed to releasing into the air. Whether you choose to operate without one (assuming you can find a new or used unit) depends on your feelings about your personal responsibility in the effort to reduce "global warming" etc. I personally don't think your driving without a canister is going to tip the balance but others will have different viewpoints. Not trying to start a debate on the subject -- I believe in doing whatever is reasonable to stop trashing the planet.

Back