• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grille/Bezel Differences

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
When I remove my grille and headlight bezels, there is a one inch tall metal strip above the grille that stays on the header panel. Ive noticed that newer (newer than 88, older than 96) XJs have the grille with that strip (plastic?) that is integral with the grille/bezel. Can I interchange the newer style with mine? Reason Im asking, is that my metal strip is rusting, and Id rather swap it over to all plastic.

Last edited:
In my recent conversion, I noticed the same thing. The metal strip is held on by screws. It can be removed. I don't think the marker light screw holes line up on the black plastic bezels, however. I was converting the whole grille header over, so I had no problem. Mix and match may not be 100% compatible there.

Note the chrome headlight bezels have a sub bezel underneath - I found none with the newer black parts I got from the salvage yard, but they could have been missing.

So if I want to eliminate the metal "bar" could I just grab a grille and bezels with the extentions and remove my bar? Or would I need a whole header panel? Im going all black by the way.

Thanks for your help so far.

Back